Stay On Your Feet® is Western Australia’s falls prevention program for older adults living in the community. Stay On Your Feet® aims to reduce falls and fall-related injuries among older adults living in the community and encourages older adults to feel confident in independent living.
Stay On Your Feet® is coordinated by Injury Matters. Injury Matters is an injury prevention organisation which has been the service provider for the WA Department of Health Stay On Your Feet® program since 2001.
The Stay On Your Feet® Move Improve Remove initiative and evidence informed programs promote strategies for older adults to reduce their falls risk so that they can stay active and independent for longer. The messages are targeted at older adults who live in the community; their family, friends and carers; and health professionals.
Each year, Stay On Your Feet® releases two campaigns from the Move Improve Remove initiative. The campaigns focus on a risk factor for falls and promote ways in which older adults can prevent falls.
Key areas of our program:
- Referral to appropriate services
- Developing partnerships to encourage falls prevention initiatives across all sectors and settings including hospitals, residential aged care facilities and the community
- Delivering non-clinical focused awareness training and professional development for individuals or organisations who work with older people
- Investigating falls risk factors and risk reduction strategies
- Providing free community presentations through a peer volunteer program and attending displays and expos in the community
- Providing training and information for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities
- Sharing helpful tips and strategies to reduce falls risk through media and information services