Stay On Your Feet® is WA’s falls prevention program for older adults living in the community. Stay On Your Feet® aims to reduce falls and fall related injuries among older adults living in the community and encourage confidence in independent living.
Stay On Your Feet® is coordinated by Injury Matters. Injury Matters has been the service provider for the WA Department of Health’s Stay On Your Feet® program since 2001.
Stay On Your Feet® promotes how to keep active and alert through the Move Improve Remove campaigns and evidence informed programs to community members, health professionals and community workers.
Each year Stay On Your Feet® will release two campaigns from Move Improve Remove initiative which focus on one risk factor of falls and promote the ways to help prevent slips, trips and falls. The messages are designed for older adults who live in the community, their family and carers, and the people who work with them.
Key areas of our program:
- referral to appropriate services
- developing partnerships to encourage falls prevention initiatives across all sectors and settings including hospitals, residential aged care facilities and the community
- delivering non-clinical focused awareness training and professional development for individuals or organisations who work with older people
- investigating falls risk factors and risk reduction strategies
- providing free community presentations through a peer volunteer program and attending displays and expos in the community
- training and information for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities
- sharing helpful tips and strategies to avoid falling.