eLearning Module Two – Exercise Strategies and Screening for Falls Prevention
June 1, 2019 @ 8:00 am - June 30, 2022 @ 5:00 pmNo cost
Free Self-paced Online Learning
This “Exercise Strategies and Screening for Falls Prevention” online module has been developed for exercise and activity coordinators (e.g. fitness instructors, therapy assistants and peer exercise leaders). The module will help support the implementation of evidence-based falls prevention exercise strategies for older adults.
Participants will explore the role of exercise in preventing falls in older adults. This includes the explanations of the different types of exercises and programs designed to improve strength and balance and reduce falls.
Module Two Learning Objectives:
- How to identify and assess a person’s falls risk.
- How to assess gait, mobility, strength and balance to identify the possible cause of falls.
- The importance of exercise for older adults.
- Special considerations and safety precautions when designing exercises for older adults.
- Important components of a falls prevention exercise program.
- Existing evidence-based falls prevention programs for older adults.
“Exercise Strategies and Screening for Falls Prevention” includes six self-paced lessons with a quiz and survey on completion. Individuals who complete the quiz and survey will receive a certificate for this learning module.