Make Your Home Safer Grants NOW OPEN
Stay On Your Feet® is awarding $15,000 for Make Your Home Safer Grants, up to $5000 per grant, to help promote the Move Improve Remove: Make Your Home Safer campaign.
The campaign aims to raise awareness of the importance of making your home safer as a strategy to reduce falls in the community amongst older adults and to encourage confidence in independent living. Key target audiences are non-Aboriginal people aged 60+ years and Aboriginal people aged 45+ years.
Stage one expression of interest have been extended to close Friday 17 November 2017, 5pm.
Campaign Key Messages
- Remove hazards to make your home safer
- Falls are preventable
- Making simple changes can reduce your risk of falling
- Use your home safety checklist and action plan to make a change
- Let someone know if you have fallen
- Ask about an in home assessment
What are we looking for in your application?
- Innovative ideas for the promotion of Make Your Home Safer as a strategy to reduce falls in older adults
- Applications that focus on falls and the Make Your Home Safer theme
- Collaborative partnerships (working with other organisations)
- Organisational capacity building (developing skills and knowledge)
- Sustainability – Programs that could be extended past the grant funding period without additional Stay On Your Feet®
Coaching will be provided to 10 shortlisted applicants to support them with their second stage of application. Stay On Your Feet® can provide support with completing the application form and also any queries or concerns around program planning and evaluation. Coaching will continue for successful applicants and Stay On Your Feet® can provide ongoing support to help with program implementation, evaluation and assist with any general enquiries. Coaching is not compulsory but an option if applicants need assistance, guidance or would like to talk through their ideas.
Grants Program Application Process and Timeline
|9 October 2017||Make Your Home Safer grant application kit and expressions of interest (EOI) released.|
|17 November 2017||Applications for EOI Close.|
|20 November 2017||Ten successful applicants will be shortlisted in accordance with selection criteria and invited to complete second stage of application.|
|Coaching and support will be available to second stage applicants to assist with submission.|
|8 December 2017||Stage two applications close.|
|18 December 2017||Successful applicants are selected by a panel in accordance with selection criteria and awarded up to $5000 each.|
|18 December 2017||Grant money disseminated to successful applicants.|
|From 18 December 2017||Ongoing coaching and support provided by Stay On Your Feet® staff to assist successful applicants with project delivery.|
|1 February 2018||Program delivery begins. Approved grant recipients have three months to deliver the funded project.|
|30 April 2018||Deadline for expenditure of grant funds.|
|31 May 2018||Grant acquittals due.|
In this webinar, presented at a Grants Forum held on May 11, 2017, Alyson Elari discusses funding opportunities through the program and the importance of grants in promoting and implementing effective strategies in falls prevention. To access the webinar, click here.