Who can apply for a Move Improve Remove grant?
- Incorporated community groups and not-for-profit organisations.
- Appropriately qualified health professionals, community workers, and fitness professionals that work with older adults.
- Retirement and lifestyle villages.
- Local Governments and Health Service Units.
Who cannot apply?
- Hospitals and residential aged care facilities. Please note: Exceptions will be made for grant programs that will be targeting older adults outside of the hospital and residential aged care setting and living in the community.
- Applicants without an ABN.
What cannot be funded?
- Infrastructure costs associated with running an organisation including salaries of staff working on the grant project (exceptions may apply for independent contractors).
- Programs or activities that are not proven to reduce falls in older adults. Please note for Move Your Body grants: While some exercises may incorporate components of strength and balance, only evidence-based exercises and programs for falls prevention will receive grant funding. Examples of activities that will not be considered include, but are not limited to, Yoga and Pilates. If you are unsure of what may or may not be funded, you are encouraged to reach out to Injury Matters via (08) 6166 7688 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for further guidance.
- Health professionals contracted to deliver services that do not have an ABN.
- Programs or events that are already being delivered or funded.
- Activities implemented for a financial profit to the applicant.
- Items or activities purchased before applications have been approved or after the project completion date.
- Applications where more than 10% of the requested funds are to purchase incentives, award prizes, or gifts.
- Applications where more than 10% of the requested funds are allocated towards professional development of the grant recipient staff.
- The purchase of food or drinks that do not contribute to a healthy lifestyle (e.g. alcohol, food or drinks high in sugar content etc.)
- Venue and equipment hire at own premises.
- Any activity or event that does not occur in Western Australia.
- Any purchases where a receipt cannot be provided.