Our new campaign, Build Your Balance is now underway. Build Your Balance looks at the importance of improving and maintaining balance to help prevent slips, trips and falls. The campaign runs from 1 September to 30 November. Read on to find out how you can get involved.
Campaign key messages and calls to action:
Campaign Key Messages
- Improving your balance is the best way to prevent falls
- Balance is important to keep you safe
- Balance is needed to do your everyday activities
- Falls are preventable.
- Challenge your balance daily
- Do strength and balance exercises for 30 minutes each day to prevent falls
- Add balance challenging exercises to the activities you are already doing
- Speak to a fitness professional, physiotherapist or GP about how you can challenge your balance.
Build Your Balance exercise video – now live!
Our new Build Your Balance exercise video is now live. Do simple balance exercises in your own home and as you improve use the progressions to move to more advances exercises as your balance improves. Click here to watch the video or order your own free copy at www.injurymattersquickmail.com.au.
Order free Build Your Balance resources
Stay On Your Feet® have a range of free Build Your Balance and falls prevention resources to help you stay independent and prevent falls. Visit the brochures and booklets page to order today
Free Move Your Body community presentation’s
Book a free Move Your Body community presentation for your local community group. The 45 minute presentations, run by trained older adult volunteers, will take group through simple tips that they can use to prevent slips, trips and falls.
Build Your Balance by joining an exercise class
Visit the Stay On Your Feet® eDirectory to find classes local to you.
Other ways to get involved
- Catch up with the Stay On Your Feet® team at one of the many community events we attend. To find out where we will be next contact us today.
- Be a champion by sharing information about the importance of preventing falls and building your balance by getting your family and friends involved in the campaign.
- Listen out for our radio and newspaper campaigns beginning this September.
- Keep up to date by signing up to the News and Views. Sign up today.