Falls can happen to us at any age; however, changes we go through as we get older can put us more at risk of having a fall.
The good news is that falls are preventable no matter your age, and Stay On Your Feet® has simple tips and tools you can use to keep you active and on your feet.
Our three simple steps to prevent falls are:
Move Improve Remove Campaigns
Stay On Your Feet® releases two Move Improve Remove campaigns per year, each focusing on modifiable risk factors to prevent falls.
We are currently running the Move Your Body campaign from 1 September to 30 November 2019. The Move Your Body campaign encourages older adults to take steps to find activities that they enjoy to help them stay active and independent.
There are a number of ways that you can engage in the Move Your Body campaign, including;
- Accessing our online directory of classes to find an exercise program near you.
- Booking a Move Your Body community presentation for your community group.
- Ordering the Build Your Balance and Strengthen Your Legs exercise flyers.
- Viewing the Build Your Balance exercise video and Strengthen Your Legs with Julie animation to learn about some of the ways that you can move your body.
- Sign up to our newsletter to stay up to date with current and future campaign activities.