Falls can happen to us at any age; however, changes we go through as we get older can put us more at risk of having a fall.
The good news is that falls are preventable no matter your age, and Stay On Your Feet® has simple tips and tools you can use to keep you active and on your feet.
Our three simple steps to prevent falls are:
Move Improve Remove Campaigns
Stay On Your Feet® releases two Move Improve Remove campaigns per year, each focusing on modifiable risk factors to prevent falls.
We are currently running the Remove Hazards campaign from September to November 2020. The Remove Hazards campaign focuses on the importance of creating safe environments, as well as looking after your eyesight and feet to prevent falls and promote healthy ageing.
There are a number of ways that you can engage in the Remove Hazards campaign, including;
- Ordering our Home Safety and Shoe Safety Checklist.
- Completing our online Home Safety Checklist.
- Viewing our Make Your Home Safer with Frank and Tiddles video or watching our Check Your Feet video, for information on older adults to develop a regular self-care routine to maintain foot health.
- Booking a falls prevention presentation for your community group.
- Signing up to our newsletter to stay up to date with current and future campaign activities.
- Connecting with Stay On Your Feet® on Facebook to stay in touch with current activities and to share information with your friends.
- Getting in contact with Indigo or Independent Living Assessment regarding home modification support.
- Speaking to your Home and Community Care provider about any home safety concerns and ask for a home safety assessment.
- Download Podiatry WA and the Australian Podiatry Associations resources to learn more about looking after ageing feet.
- Accessing Health Direct’s service finder to get in contact with a local GP, Occupational Therapist, Podiatrist or Optometrist.