Falls can happen to us at any age; however, changes we go through as we get older can put us more at risk of having a fall.
The good news is that falls are preventable no matter your age, and Stay On Your Feet® has simple tips and tools you can use to keep you active and on your feet.
Our three simple steps to prevent falls are:
Move Improve Remove campaigns
Stay On Your Feet® releases two Move Improve Remove campaigns per year, each focusing on modifiable risk factors to prevent falls.
We are currently running the Move Your Body campaign from March to May 2021. The Move Your Body campaign focuses on the importance of moving your body to improve balance and posture, strengthen muscles and bones, and improve overall fitness and general well-being.
There are a number of ways that you can engage in the Move Your Body campaign, including;
- Ordering our free resources, including the Move Your Body Flyer, Strengthen Your Legs Flyer, Build Your Balance Flyer and Resistance Bands.
- Completing our online quiz to increase your awareness of what you can do to improve your strength and balance.
- Completing our Move Your Body online learning module to learn about why we should improve our strength and balance and how you can get started today.
- Viewing our Strengthen Your Legs with Julie animation and our Build Your Balance exercise video to learn how you can build your balance within your home.
- Access our physical activity video series and resources to learn how different recreational activities can reduce your falls risk.
- Using the Stay On Your Feet® eDirectory to find a local fitness activity near you.
- Booking a falls prevention presentation for your community group.
- Signing up to our newsletter to stay up to date with current and future campaign activities.
- Connecting with Stay On Your Feet® on Facebook to stay in touch with current activities and to share information with your friends.