Falls can happen to us at any age; however, changes we go through as we get older can put us more at risk of having a fall.
The good news is that falls are preventable no matter your age, and Stay On Your Feet® has simple tips and tools you can use to keep you active and on your feet.
Our three simple steps to prevent falls are:
Move Improve Remove Campaigns
Stay On Your Feet® releases two Move Improve Remove campaigns per year, each focusing on modifiable risk factors to prevent falls.
We are currently running the Improve Your Health campaign from 1 March to 31 May 2020. The Improve Your Health campaign encourages older adults to make simple changes, specifically relating to medication management, nutrition and cognition, which can improve a person’s health and wellbeing, and promote active ageing.
There are a number of ways that you can engage in the Improve Your Health campaign, including;
- Ordering our Check Your Medicines flyer, Medicine List, Check Your Medicines bag and Fuel Your Body booklet.
- Viewing our Check Your Medicines with Nancy video or listen to a retired pharmacist, Peter, discuss simple tips on how to reduce your risk of having a medicine-related fall.
- Booking a falls prevention presentation for your community group.
- Signing up to our newsletter to stay up to date with current and future campaign activities.
- Connecting with Stay On Your Feet® on Facebook to stay in touch with current activities and to share information with your friends.
- Accessing our online directory of classes to find an exercise program near you.
- Getting in contact with Act Belong Commit or your Local Council to learn about local activities available to keep your brain active.
- Download the National Prescribing Service MedicineWise App to access important health information anytime and anywhere.
- Accessing Nutrition Australia and LiveLighters resources to learn how you can fuel your body.