Did you know that good vision helps prevent us from having a fall?
Our vision plays a key role in maintaining our balance and identifying hazards in our environment, so we can navigate around them.
Falls prevention is just one of the reasons why it’s important to make sure we get our eyes tested every two years, or even more regularly if we notice any changes in our eyesight. Symptoms of deteriorating vision can include;
- Clouded vision,
- Sensitivity to light,
- Difficulty with vision at night, and
- Dry or watery eyes.
To get your eyes tested or to talk about any concerns you have with your eyes, visit your GP or Optometrist.
You can follow these tips to help you improve your vision;
- Wear properly fitted glasses, as advised by your Optometrist,
- Take time to adjust to new lenses,
- Make sure bifocals fit correctly,
- Allow your eyes to adjust when moving to an area of different light, and
- Clean your glasses often.
Click here for more information about checking your eyesight to prevent falls.