Injury Matters, which delivers Stay On Your Feet WA® responds to the recent article in WA Today http://www.watoday.com.au/national/health/discharged-from-hospital-admitted-to-aged-care-how-hip-fractures-strip-australians-of-independence-20170915-gyi4vo.html about the numbers of older adults experiencing hip fractures and being unable to return to independent living.
Rachel Meade, Injury Prevention Manager is available for comment on the following:
- Falls are preventable. Hip fractures can be prevented by preventing falls.
- The Stay On Your Feet®program, which promotes how to keep active and alert through the Move Improve Remove campaigns.
- The importance of older adults taking steps to stay on their feet and avoid slips, trips and falls, to help them stay independent and living long, healthy lives.
- The economic, social and emotional costs associated with falls in WA.
- For more information visit stayonyourfeet.com.au.
Contact: Penny Carroll, Communications Lead
Ph: 041 790 1826
Email: [email protected]