Did you know that your balance declines as you get older? The great news is that it doesn’t have to. You can maintain and even improve your balance to help you avoid a fall and stay independent. Your balance keeps you safe and helps you to stand, walk, reach and climb; assisting you with activities you do every day.
The information covered in the new 30 minute Build Your Balance presentation includes:
- Overview of Stay On Your Feet® and how moving your body, improving your health and removing hazards can prevent falls
- Why balance is important and how maintaining and improving balance can reduce your risk of a fall
- What factors affect your balance
- What you can do to maintain and improve your balance
- Who can help you maintain and improve your balance
Building balance is the best way for an older adult to prevent falls. This NEW presentation is designed to be fun and interesting for participants. Free Stay On Your Feet® information packs are available for all participants who attend the presentation.