Expressions of Interest for Remove Hazards grants have been extended until Friday 8 October 2021! Grants of up to $5,000 (plus GST) are available and will fund projects running between 1 March and 31 May 2022.
The Remove Hazards key messages and calls to action focus on the importance of creating safe environments as well as looking after your eyesight and feet to prevent falls and promote healthy ageing.
Grants are open to community groups and not-for-profit organisations, health professionals, and community workers working with older adults, retirement and lifestyle villages, local governments, and population health units.
Not sure what you can apply for? Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Community workshops or educational sessions that focus on the Remove Hazards key messages and calls to action.
- Resource development and distribution e.g. videos or other resources.
- Environmental audits (both indoor or surrounding outdoor areas) in areas that experience high traffic of older people (e.g. lifestyle villages, libraries, day centres).
- Implementation of minor environmental modifications to reduce the risk of falls (e.g. colours on edge of public or indoor steps, handrails).
- Development and distribution of home hazard kits (e.g. tips to remove hazards in and around the home and tools to do so).
- Implementation of falls prevention awareness raising through signage (e.g. floor and wall decals/signage).
Need more inspiration? Check out our past grant recipients and the projects they delivered.